Senior Financial Executive with experience in Financial Services
As CFO you have overall responsibility for the strategic and day to day finance activities of XXImo. You are sparring partner and advisor for the management board.
XXImo is on its way to become one of the main market contenders in the European Mobility as a Service market. It offers a leading access and payments platform in partnership with Visa. XXImo manages the mobility of various user groups through different solutions based on its state of the art back-end:
- A corporate mobility platform serving the employees of mid-sized to large companies (e.g. Unilever, T-Mobile, Rabobank, Sharp, Carlson Wagonlit Travel and the Dutch Police).
- A standardized solution for small businesses (through the OnMyWay brand).
- A strong reseller solution to support leading mobility players like Athlon, LeasePlan, Q8, Alphabet and Sixt to expand their mobility offering.
- A Platform as a Service solution for large organizations / platforms serving a certain group of users (e.g. a fuel card businesses that wants to expand in parking). This solution is offered through the brand XXImo in a Box.
We do this with more than 75 enthusiastic colleagues. We prefer to work together from the WTC in Utrecht and our local offices in Belgium and Germany. It’s our ambition to become an European market leader and therefore we expect our organization to rapidly expand into more countries.
Based on the accelerating growth pace XXImo is experiencing today, our expanded partnership with Visa as well as being a financial services regulated product, XXImo needs a senior CFO with broad experience in the financial services industry, preferably in ‘FinTech’ and also (preferably) experience with interacting with central banks and financial authorities.
You provide strategic financial leadership by evaluating the financial status of the organization and proactively making recommendations for growth and financial planning. You are responsible for the development of performance measures that support the strategic direction of the company and for driving decision making based on business cases, forecasts etc.
Our new CFO understands and mitigates key elements of the company’s risk profile and supports and challenges our CEO & management board to limit and assess business and financial risk. You ensure that legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
In addition to the above, the following responsibilities are also part of the duties of our CFO:
- Facilitate further international expansion
- Spearheading strategic finance projects
- Responsible for setting up a treasury function
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a strong internal control environment
- Responsible for designing scalable finance processes and systems
- Responsible for the compliance function
The location for this position is Utrecht and the working area is Europe. You report directly to the CEO.
Knowledge, expertise and competence
- Education at university level with at least 6 years experience on a senior financial level in Fintech or at a DNB or AFM supervised financial company;
- Experience with three lines of defense risk control framework, including managing internal audit processes and 2nd line risk management function;
- Experience with consolidation issues and multi-entity group accounting;
- Knowledge of the capital requirements for payment institutions on the basis of financial supervisory law;
- Preferably experience with financial/prudential reports (XBL-XBRL formatted) to regulators in the financial sector;
- Preferably experience in maintaining relationships with external regulators (DNB, AFM, foreign regulators);
- Preferably experience with external auditing;
- Preferably experience in setting up and monitoring crisis management framework (recovery and settlement) payment institutions;
- Experience with managing a team of > 10 FTE;
- Excellent analytical skills and able to tell the ‘story behind the figures’;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in both Dutch and English;
- Tech savvy – our services and business / financial processes are highly automated;
- Strong leader, able to drive change in systems and behaviour;
- Experience in M&A is a plus.
This is what we offer
- The opportunity to shape your own success;
- You will work with a diverse, energetic and fun team;
- You will work in a very innovative, fast growing and internationally oriented organization;
- We are part of AutoBinck Group, which means we enjoy great support in knowledge and a financially strong shareholder.
- A fantastic HQ workplace at WTC Utrecht CS with a phenomenal view;
- The right facilities to work well from home;
- Competitive compensation package;
- Various training options;
- A mobility budget including our XXImo Mobility Card;
- A daily lunch allowance;
- A telephone (allowance) and a laptop;
Do you already see yourself working with us? Or do you have a question first? Send your CV and motivation to email@example.com.