Head of Financial Accounting
XXImo Mobility is looking for an experienced Head of Financial Accounting. As Head of Financial Accounting you will oversee all activities of the financial accounting department, such as maintaining the general ledger of a growing number of international legal entities, accounts payable, accounts receivable, filing tax returns, drafting annual reports, treasury, reconciliation activities and (prudential) reporting to the regulator and to VISA. You will be responsible to steer the team for the continuous optimization of the financial business processes, the maintenance of effective internal controls while ensuring compliance to accounting regulations as well as standards for prudential and VISA reporting.
Given the ambitions to grow our international network over the next years, this role is expected to change into a Group Controller role over time. The Head of Financial Accounting reports directly to the CFO of XXImo.
XXImo is on its way to become one of the main market contenders in the European Mobility as a Service market. Core services include fuel, public transport, electric charging and a wide variety of modern mobility services. XXImo offers a leading access and payments platform in partnership with VISA. XXImo manages the mobility of various user groups through different solutions based on its state of the art back-end:
- a corporate mobility platform serving the employees of mid-sized to large companies (e.g. Unilever, ABN AMRO, ING or the Dutch Police).
- a Platform as a Service solution for large organizations / platforms serving a certain group of users (e.g. a fuel card businesses that wants to expand in parking). This solution is offered through the brand XXImo in a Box.
- a white label mobility solution for the larger mobility players like Q8, LeasePlan, Athlon etc.
We do this with more than 70 enthusiastic colleagues. Our Headquarters is the WTC in Utrecht and we have local offices in Belgium and Germany. Its our ambition to become a European market leader and therefore we expect our organization to rapidly expand in Europe through organic growth and acquisitions.
Based on the accelerating growth pace XXImo is experiencing today, our expanded partnership with VISA as well as our desire to become a major European player in the Mobility as a service space, XXImo is looking for a Head of Financial Accounting who can grow with us in Europe and has a proven track record in international business growth in a data driven company.
- Managing the financial accounting team;
- Maintaining the general ledger, accounts payables, accounts receivables;
- Preparation of financial reporting including annual reports, prudential reporting to relevant regulators and group reporting;
- Filing tax returns (VAT and Corporate Income Tax);
- Day-to-day cash management;
- Reconciliation activities and reporting to VISA;
- Ensuring that the financial processes, systems and controls are operating effectively and contribution to continuous improvement;
- Liaising with external auditors;
- Project management of process enhancements and implementations.
Knowledge, expertise and competence
- Relevant education at university (RA, Master in Finance/Accountancy) level;
- Relevant experience (7 – 10 years) in a financial or external auditing function in a regulated environment;
- Experience in managing a team in a dynamic environment with tight deadlines;
- Good knowledge of Dutch accounting standards;
- Ready to grow into a Group Controller role in line with the international expansion of XXImo;
- Bonus points for practical experience in operating in an international holding organisation, in the payment and/or mobility industry.
- You have a good understanding of the subscription economy, preferrable knowledge about payment structures. Affinity with the platform economy;
- He/She takes a keen interest in developing people and bringing them to a higher level;
- Good IT knowledge (Exact or others);
- Highly analytical skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, Dutch and one other EU language are a plus.
This is what we offer
- The opportunity to shape your own success.
- You will work with a diverse, energetic, and fun team.
- You will work in a very innovative, fast growing and internationally oriented organization.
- Be part of the unique “AutoBinck ecosystem with many different solutions and ventures and to work closely together with our teams on innovation in mobility. Being part of AutoBinck Group, means we enjoy great support in knowledge sharing and a financially strong shareholder.
- The right facilities to work well from home.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Fit for XXImo program
- Mobility budget including a XXImo Mobility Card.
- Training and development together with Visa Academy, and multiple inhouse knowledge sessions.
- Being part of an exciting European growth journey.
We are looking forward to hear from you. Please submit your resume and letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want to learn more please contact Wiebe van Eijsden (email@example.com / 06 – 38906626)