Head of Software Development
As Head of Software Development, you have overall responsibility for the strategic and day to day Software Development activities of XXImo. You are sparring partner and advisor for the CTO and part of the Technical Management team.
XXImo is on its way to become one of the main market contenders in the European Mobility as a Service market (first user of Apple Pay in the European Maas market). It offers a leading access and payments platform in partnership with VISA. XXImo manages the mobility of various user groups through different solutions based on its state of the art back-end:
– a corporate mobility platform serving the employees of mid-sized to large companies (e.g., Unilever or the Dutch Police).
– a Platform as a Service solution for large organizations/platforms serving a certain group of users (e.g., a fuel card business that wants to expand in parking). This solution is offered through the brand XXImo in a Box.
– a white label mobility solution for large mobility players in the market (i.e., Q8, Sixt, Athlon and others)
We do this with more than 85 enthusiastic colleagues. We work from our Headquarters in the WTC in Utrecht and our local offices in Belgium and Germany. Next to that we provide good remote work facilities. Its our ambition to become a European market leader and therefore we expect our organization to rapidly expand in Europe through acquisitions and organic growth.
You will implement greater structure to the daily development activities, create a vision and direction how to manage the Systems Development Life Cycles, develop and implement test strategies, roadmaps, co-ordinate development activities, proactively making recommendations for improvements in all processes, setting up scalable resource planning. You are responsible for the development of performance measures that support the strategic direction of the company’s Software Development programme. The right Head of Software Development can delegate and manage a team of external and internal Developers and Developers based offshore. In addition to the above, the following responsibilities are also part of the duties of our Head of Software Development:
- Develop strategy on specific vs generic development
- Establish and implement our cloud first and data first strategy
- Setting attainable goals for team members The location for this position is Utrecht and the working area is Western Europe. You report directly to the CTO.
Knowledge, expertise and competence
- Relevant education at university/HBO level with at least 8 years’ experience in a similar role.
- He/She takes a keen interest in developing people and bringing them to a higher level.
- Experience with managing a team of > 10 FTE.
- Know how to manage and motivate remote teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Strong leader, able to drive change in systems and behaviour.
- Strong communication skills and business savviness.
- Knowledge of Native App development and the relevant technologies is recommended
This is what we offer
- The opportunity to shape your own success.
- You will work with a diverse, energetic, and fun team.
- You will work in a very innovative, fast growing and internationally oriented organization.
- We are part of AutoBinck Group, which means we enjoy great support in knowledge sharing and a financially strong shareholder.
- The right facilities to work from home.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Training and education together with Visa Academy, and monthly inhouse knowledge sessions.
- We sponsor the “Fit for XXImo” program for all our employees.
- A mobility budget including our XXImo Mobility Card.
- A telephone (allowance) and a laptop.
- We strongly promote development for our management talent for which we have a matching budget.
We are looking forward to hearing from you. If you want to learn more, please contact Figaro den Hollander Mobile : 06-53359034 E mail : firstname.lastname@example.org